A group of educationalists, history teachers, and activists who work together to contribute to the development of disciplinary approaches to History education in Lebanon.
LAH promotes the learning and teaching of history as a discipline in Lebanon, raises public awareness about the importance of history and ensures that history teaching becomes more recognized by society and more engaging to learners with a focus on historical concepts.
LAH aims at encouraging continuous learning for different age groups as a way to build learners’ critical thinking shape their personalities and develop a sense of individual and collective responsibility.
- Promote a wider public understanding and enjoyment of history as a way to enhance historical knowledge in society.
- Be involved in decision-making regarding history education on the national level.
- Strengthen a modern approach that engages learners in historical thinking, nurtures higher-order thinking skills and links history to real-life situations. .
- Contribute to the scientific clarification of historical concepts.
- Engage professionals and learners alike in critical inquiry and use of historical sources when working with historical concepts.
- Encourage learners to reflect on how engaging with historical concepts influences their self-development.
- Facilitate continuous professional development for History teachers and educators.
- Generate and sustain constructive and informed public discussion on approaches to History education.
- Establish working relationships and partnership with the local and international stakeholders, namely educationalists in schools and civil society learners and policy-makers.
- Produce and disseminate publications and pedagogical material generated through the association’s activities.
- Respect of cultural diversity
- Collaborative learning environment
- Objectivity and authorship